I’m the host of a community-building and marketing podcast called Companies & Communities.
Community falls into the category of marketing channels that are hard to measure or tie directly to revenue. Which for some businesses means it’s not top of mind. Especially small businesses and startups trying to maximize limited resources and focus on things that will immediately move the needle.
In this community and marketing podcast, I interview very smart community and business leaders who can help you gain a better understanding of how to start or improve a community building strategy. And how you can use it to create tremendous results to help you drive growth, loyalty and revenue.
You’ll get information about:
- How to find or define community for your individual needs
- Incorporating influencers, affiliates and evangelists into your marketing strategy
- Leading trends in social media and online community
- Building a powerful employee advocacy program
- Creating an authentic voice for your community interactions
- Combining executive personal brand into community-led growth strategy
- And much more!
Latest Community Building & Marketing Podcast Episodes:
Building a Community-Centric Brand with Public.com Director of Community Willa Tellekson-Flash [LISTEN]
House of Wise Founder Amanda Goetz on How Successful Personal Branding Builds Brand [LISTEN]
Other Community Building & Marketing Podcast Episodes:
Wattpad Head of Marketing Emma Brooks: Building a Successful Community for Gen-Z and Millennials
In this episode, Emma and I talked about:
- How community played a central role in Wattpad’s brand growth
- Creating appeal for Gen-Z and Millennial users
- How to create a gatekeeping strategy to protect community members
In this episode, BlackPlanet founder and Princeton University professor Omar Wasow discussed his role as creator of one of the first social media websites ever.
We also talked about:
- How to build stronger online communities that support offline connections
- Why BlackPlanet missed the mark, while social networks like Facebook continue to thrive
- Advice for brands looking to engage and not disrupt through virtual community building
Find more information on the full episode here.
Sign Up For My Community & Marketing Podcast Updates:
I started this podcast because I wanted to help provide information for brands and marketers interested in how community is becoming central to not only business, but also how we use the Internet. Despite the tremendous potential power of community-led growth, too many businesses put it toward the bottom of the list when creating a marketing strategy. Or don’t understand how to create a successful community building strategy.
Sign up to get updates on new episodes!
Find Something Interesting to Read:
- The Best Marketing Books: Copywriting, Revenue, Advertising & More
- Redefining Marketing Career Success: Interview with Ross Simmonds
- 7 Creative Marketing Tactics (with Examples!) For Your 2021 Strategy
- Gen-Z and Millennial Marketing Strategy Means Brand Evolution
- Nostalgia marketing was the biggest pandemic trend of 2020
- A Complete 2021 Guide to Onboarding: How to Keep Your Customers & Reduce Churn
- Lessons on Inclusive Marketing and Brand Authenticity from Rihanna